Guidelines for Schools
- Obtain approval for the visit from the School Principal or Board of Management.
- Select a Heritage Expert from the Heritage Experts list.
- Contact the Heritage Expert and arrange the date, time and duration of the visit. Bookings can only be made for the calendar year.
- Plan the content of the visit with the Heritage Expert and decide what preparation must be undertaken by the expert, the teacher and the pupils prior to the visit.
- All bookings must be made in advance of visit with the Heritage Council. Please use our online booking system. Failure to book in advance, may result in the visit not being subsidised by the Heritage Council.
- The cost of the visit must be paid directly to the Heritage Expert after each visit. Travel costs are covered by the Heritage Council. Click here to view the costs.
- A short evaluation form must be completed after each visit.
- The number of children participating in a visit by a Heritage Expert should not exceed 30.
- The teacher must remain with the class and the Heritage Expert at all times during the visit.
- The Heritage Expert is not expected to supervise pupils alone, or to visit for longer than the agreed time.
***The Five-Series Visit (1 visit free!) ***
If a Heritage Expert visits the same school five times, for either five full days or five half days, during the calendar year, the school will pay for four visits and the Heritage Council will fund the fifth. If you are interested in participating in this scheme please discuss with the Expert you have chosen and state this on the booking form when filling it in.
For further details please contact Amanda Ryan on 056 777 0777 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org