- Science, Geography
- Curriculum Strands:
- Human environments (Geography), Natural environments (Geography), Environmental awareness and care (Geography/Science), Living things (Science)
- Counties catered for:
- Cork, Kerry
- Classes catered for:
- 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th
Mark and his team created ‘StreamScapes’, the original dedicated environmental education resource in Ireland (see www.streamscapes.ie), and have produced this programme in Catchments throughout Ireland north and south since 1989. From 2018, he invites schools (within reasonable travel distance) to visit the ‘StreamSchool’ near Bantry, County Cork, for an unforgettable immersion in Aquatic ecology and biology lessons. The visit includes Field Trip and supporting presentations and discussions in a dedicated classroom which features an aquarium that replicates instream environment.
Through the StreamScapes experience we learn:
- Awareness of wide biodiversity and food webs
- The importance of high-quality waters
- How we impact (for better or worse!) upon aquatic ecosystems, and;
- ‘Best-practice’ in our own lives to minimise our impacts.
Bring yr wellies!
- Provides practical/ hands-on activities
- Provides field trips