- Science, History, Geography
- Curriculum Strands:
- Story (History), Life, society, work and culture in the past (History), Continuity and change over time (History), Natural environments (Geography), Environmental awareness and care (Geography/Science), Living things (Science)
- Counties catered for:
- Clare, Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Tipperary
- Classes catered for:
- 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th
Fiona Linnane is a composer and musician who draws inspiration from the natural world and Irish heritage. Her works include operas inspired by The Old Sailor’s Home and No.2 Pery Square in Limerick City and choral works with themes as wide ranging as the flora and fauna of the Burren to the story of a Limpet lost at sea!
In-person school visits
Choose from the following or contact Fiona for further information:
Students will be introduced to the concept of the sound walk. This will encourage them to ‘tune in’ to their environment, wherever that might be. Fiona will lead the students on a walk to collect their own sounds, focusing both on sounds of nature and those in an urban environment.
This playful workshop will lead students in the exciting world of composition and song writing - inspired by their environment or local stories.
Harnessing the power of technology in the classroom they student will explore sound mapping from across the world and learn how they can create a sound map for their own school, town or county.
- Provides in-person visits
- Caters for special needs
- Provides practical/hands-on activities
- 087 203 2593