Kilkenny Local Studies' Department
Kilkenny Local Studies' Department is a reference and research service dedicated to preserving and enhancing the collective memory of Kilkenny City and County.
Kilkenny Local Studies' Department offers access to the history and heritage of County Kilkenny and collects, catalogues and preserves all types of Kilkenny-related material. The Library holds a wide range of material on the history, geography, antiquities, archaeology, folklore and culture of Kilkenny City and County
Services offered include:
· Genealogical research and family history
· Access to local newspapers, past and present
· Maps – Library collection and Historical Maps online
· Information on local historical events, people and places
· Photographic archive and old postcards
· Kilkenny Studies – authors and works
· Kilkenny folklore and traditions
Materials can be reproduced subject to copyright
Location and contact details:
The main Local Studies collection is situated in Library Headquarters, John's Green House, Kilkenny. R95 YH61
Telephone: 056 7794160
The collection can be searched on the on line catalogue at www.kilkennylibrary.ie
Monday-Friday: 9.00am - 1.00pm; 2.00 -4.45pm.
Hours can be subject to change, please check the main web-site or contact the library directly.