- Science, Geography
- Curriculum Strands:
- Natural environments (Geography), Environmental awareness and care (Geography/Science), Living things (Science)
- Counties catered for:
- Classes catered for:
- All Classes
As I have been employed in Killarney National Park Education Centre for the past nine years, I have gained a wealth of experience delivering various environmental programmes to children of all ages. I endeavour to deliver fun, interactive and educational workshops. The visit can be tailored to the needs of the school as well as the habitats that are surrounding the school. Some examples of activities include:
- Meet the mammals of Ireland: Using a collection of stuffed mammals in combination with a power point presentation, the children will learn all about our native mammals. We will also discuss the habitats and adaptations of each animal.
- Bug Hunt: Using pooters and nets, the children will collect up invertebrates from the school yard, which they can later examine under a microscope and identify using simple identification keys.
- Scavenger hunt: The children will be provided with a picture chart of leaves, pine cones, seeds etc. which they will need to find. They must act like a scavenger and only collect up what is already dead on the ground!
- Ecology themed games & nature themed arts & crafts.
- Meet a tree: The children will be provided with a list of different leaves they will need to find; this will help them learn to identify the various trees in the habitat they are studying. We will also play games using the trees including the use of stethoscopes and mirrors.
- Caters for Special Needs
- Provides practical/ hands-on activities
- Provides field trips
- Phone (Work):