- Science, History, Geography
- Curriculum Strands:
- Story (History), Natural environments (Geography), Environmental awareness and care (Geography/Science), Living things (Science), Materials (Science), Energy and forces (Science)
- Counties catered for:
- Cavan, Kildare, Longford, Meath, Offaly, Roscommon, Westmeath
- Classes catered for:
- All Classes
Caroline is a qualified Biology and Science teacher of 15 years and is passionate about our rich local heritage and bringing young people outdoors in their local environment. Caroline will bring children to a school playground, local woodland to a wilder area to help ignite their curiosity, love and understanding of nature and heritage. If you are in a more urban environment she can bring natural resources to the school for you.
Caroline can work with schools to develop rich place-based learning and help foster nature connectedness through fun, engaging workshops (usually 2-3 hours). Workshops are delivered through scientific enquiry - investigation and evaluation, utilising active and cooperative learning strategies and forest schooling principles. Pupils engage their minds and bodies and work to develop deeper communication skills with their peers. All activities help to develop nature connectedness and foster pride of place in pupils. These values and activities also help to develop social, emotional and physical wellbeing.
Caroline offers the following:
A tailored approach to the primary SESE and Wellbeing Curriculum, building a range of activities specific to your local schools curricular needs - drawing on your local natural, agricultural, geographical and historical heritage.
Sessions can include:
- School grounds workshops and activities for increasing Biodiversity - ways to record, plan, plant and create new habitats to encourage local Biodiversity.
- Local Biodiversity education, linked to LBAP species/ habitats in your area. e.g. red squirrel awareness raising, invasive species threats.
- Native plant and animal identification
- Plant science workshops/experiments - learn about photosynthesis, uses of native plants/trees throughout history, importance of the water cycle
- Mini beast hunt and identification using scientific equipment and keys.
- Forest School sessions, 6-9 sessions based on the Forest Schools philosophy- den building, fire craft, using tools , cooking on fire, making woodland arts and crafts, storytelling, natural dyes from native plants.
- Caters for Special Needs
- Provides practical/ hands-on activities
- Provides field trips