- Science, History, Geography
- Curriculum Strands:
- Story (History), Local Studies (History), Early people and ancient societies (History), Life, society, work and culture in the past (History), Eras of change and conflict (History), Politics, conflict and society (History), Continuity and change over time (History), Human environments (Geography), Natural environments (Geography), Environmental awareness and care (Geography/Science), Living things (Science), Materials (Science)
- Counties catered for:
- Carlow, Kilkenny, Waterford, Wexford, Wicklow
- Classes catered for:
- All Classes
As an Irish Times Best Selling author of historical fiction for children Caroline Busher has a passion for bringing Irish Heritage to life.
Her areas of expertise include English, History and Folklore in particular ancient societies and medieval Ireland. Caroline uses storytelling to teach children about ringforts, megalithic tombs, monasteries, castles and churches. She explores the rich tapestry of language and teaches children about the origin of fairy tales and folklore in an Irish and International context.
Caroline provides unique, interactive lessons that focus on Science, in particular human environments, nature, biodiversity and living things.
Children get the opportunity to go outside the classroom and discuss geography, local environment and early settlements.
In her role as “Reader in Residence” with Wexford Public Library Services Caroline has delivered historical fiction workshops and curated events for four thousand children and their families and staged theatrical, literacy based performances for the Irish Children’s Book Festival.
She has also delivered interactive, engaging workshops in schools throughout Ireland and appeared at Irish and International Literary Festivals. Caroline has also worked as Writer in Residence in primary school settings.
"Fantastic to have a local author visit the school and talk about their work and link it to history also."
"The whole school was energised and inspired by Caroline's visit this week. Her positivity and enthusiasm for what she does is infectious. The children were totally engaged during her visit and were full of curiosity and questions. They thoroughly enjoyed her visit and wanted to know when she would be back again!" - Queen of the Universe, Carolow
"We would love to have a series of workshops with Caroline"
- Provides in-person visits
- Caters for special needs
- Provides practical/ hands-on activities
- Provides field trips