- Science, History, Geography
- Curriculum Strands:
- Human environments (Geography), Natural environments (Geography), Environmental awareness and care (Geography/Science), Living things (Science), Materials (Science), Energy and forces (Science)
- Counties catered for:
- Donegal, Leitrim, Sligo
- Classes catered for:
- All Classes
Aine Kelly has worked in community education since 2005, delivering a variety of programmes to adults and children in both formal and informal settings. In recent years Aine has focused on Forest School education with national school age children.
Aine believes Forest School education is a very effective and fun way to teach children about their national heritage. Forest School education emphasises lay in the outdoors as a means to stimulate and develop children’s innate curiosity to explore and understand their local environment.This lived experience promotes a deep appreciation and connection with nature, helping children to identify with their natural heritage.
Aine’s forest school sessions provide an opportunity for experiential learning about nature that complements classroom based learning. A typical session includes hands on, fun and interactive games/activities that aim to develop a greater awareness, respect, interest and appreciation of the diverse natural heritage of our woodland environments.
Typically a visit would include:
- Path finding
- Building a connection to place through song
- Raising an awareness of leave no trace
- Developing an awareness of weather and its impact
- Identification of trees
- Awareness of animals sharing the woodland through tracking games and nature name research
- Exploring the abundance of life in our woodland environments
- Using tools and natural printing techniques to observe plants in other ways
- Free play in the woodland to encourage time to explore undirected
- Caters for Special Needs
- Provides practical/ hands-on activities
- Provides field trips
- 087 9937110